Everyday food light Martha Stewart
The Everyday Food books have made home cooks heros in the kitchen with inexpensive, easy-to-make meals. Now, this third book in the series overcomes the challenge of making favorite dishes fast in a way that’s light but still tempting.
With recipes under 500 calories (and meals under 700 cals) simple instructions, cooking times, nutritional information, essential techniques, and beautiful photography, Everyday Food: Light will be the cookbook you’ll turn to again and again for ideas on keeping dinner light and healthful. Just take a look at what’s inside:
- Golden Rules for Light Cooking (Make simple substitutions, pay attention to portion, slim down salads)
- Light Cooking Techniques (grilling, poaching, cooking with parchment paper)
- 10 Best Tools for Light Cooking (salad spinner, steamer basket, zester, cast iron)
- 10 Ways to Boost Flavor without Fat (marinades, yogurt and buttermilk, soy sauce, aromatics)
- Winter Recipes (Couscous with Roasted Vegetables and Chickpeas, Whole-Wheat Spaghetti with Gorgonzola and Escarole, Warm Spinach Salad with Fried Egg and Potatoes, Oven-Fried Chicken, Mini Mocha Cheesecakes, Brownie Cookies)
- Spring Recipes (Salmon Salad with Parsley and Capers; Tortilla Soup with Black Beans; Linguine with Artichokes, Tomatoes, and Parsley; Flank Steak with Snap-Pea and Asparagus Stir-Fry; Leg of Lamb with Mint Sauce; Flounder with Tomato-Onion Ragout; Asparagus with Yogurt Dip; Lemon-Lime Tea Cakes)
- Summer Recipes (Lighter Cobb Salad, Late-Summer Vegetable Soup, Two-Cheese Tortilla Pizza with Arugula Salad, No-Bake Lasagna, Cod Fillets with Caper Butter, Grilled New England Seafood “Bake”, Pork and Chorizo Kebabs, Raspberry-Yogurt Ice Pops)
- Fall Recipes (Salad with Pancetta Crisps, Roasted Brussels Sprouts, and Pear; Onion Soup with Cheese Toasts; Lighter Eggplant Parmesan; Butternut Squash Risotto; Lighter Chicken Enchiladas; Sausages with Kale and White Beans; Seared Fish with Crispy Potatoes and Green Sauce; Roasted Pears with Amaretti Cookies)
Staying on track for a healthy lifestyle doesn’t have to mean diets and bland foods, and with Everyday Food: Light, cooking healthful, fulfilling, and tasty meals everyday has never been easier or more inspiring.